Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who is this Alden guy, and why's he dead?

The first thing you need to know is that Alden isn't quite as dead as he says he is.

The second thing is that I'm Alden, and I sometimes have a sad tendency to write/speak in the third person. Moving on from that, however, why should you read my blog? Why should I write it? Why bother? Well, that's a question I'm hoping to uncover while working on this blog, posting as it comes to me, but here's what I'm thinking...

1) Virtual series. If you've come here, you undoubtedly know what they are, but for any newbies who somehow stumble in here, I'll sum it up: A virtual series is a series of written 'episodes' posted on the internet, emulating the style of a television show only without the cameras and actors and whatnot. Many are written in the style of professional TV scripts, the style I myself prescribe to. I spend most of my time at this rocking VS site, MZP-TV, and its respective forum (aka my homeworld). I've been writing for VS coming on three years now, mostly in preparation for the big leagues (actual TV) someday. Which leads to...

2) Actual TV-related stuff, like my journey toward that destined showrunner gig either in Toronto or in down in Hell-A, California. Presumably, this will be a good outlet for my random progresses in this field, just as my music blog, The Bringer of Song, is an outlet for my musical ramblings.

3) Random other thoughts. Movies, TV shows, less-formal album reviews, other stuff. I'm not too 'personal' on the net, but I do like to share my opinion, even with an audience of 0.

So, there it is. Alden's dead, but at least he's still around.

No comments: