Thursday, June 26, 2008

RANDOM NEWS

So, some random, relevant news that makes me happy...

* In Treatment has been renewed for season 2, with Gabriel Byrne and Dianne Wiest confirmed to be staying on.

* Emmys: Dexter, "Damages", "Friday Night Lights", "Grey’s Anatomy", "House", "Lost", "Mad Men" and "The Wire" (which I've come to at least respect through its massive critical backing) are all among the 10 finalist fighting over the 5 nomination spots for Best Drama Series.

* On Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Chris Noth (whose episodes I've skipped on the occasion I do watch it) has departed, and sorely under-appreciated actor Jeff Goldblum has stepped into the role. I'm happy; Goldblum's always been enjoyable in what I've seen him in.

* The United States of Tara, starring Toni Collette (one of my favourite actresses) and written by Diablo Cody (whose Juno is one of the best movies I've seen... ever.) was picked up. Yay! Can't wait.

* The pilot for Pretty Handsome as leaked and I got my hands on it It's fantastic, with an amazing cast all round (especially Joseph Fiennes and Carrie-Ann Moss). Also, Do Not Disturb, which I liked but I'm thinking will be one of those series I enjoy but watch alone while feeling embarrassed.

* A third book in the Wicked Cycle by Gregory Maguire, entitled "A Lion Among Men" is due out later this year.

* Personal writing front: I've completed my second-ever complete pilot! Though it's a rough first draft, it's a feat for me nonetheless.

* Personal blogging: the Bringer of Song has reached 100 posts!

More to come, probably.

No comments: