Friday, April 11, 2008

101 UPDATE #1 (IN PROGRESS)

For my first update, I'll post those tasks which, over the course of my pre-101 life, have partially completed...

In Progress Tasks

11. Learn Japanese

I begun studying Japanese years ago, and while I amassed various dictionaries and phrasebooks, I can only say a couple of phrases.

35. Continue 'TV Journal' at least until the end of 2008.

I've been compiling a listing of every TV episode I watch since March 2007, and I've just recently broken the one-year mark. I want to keep this up, definitely, as it makes me accountable for every episode I watch and helps me organise it, as well.

36. Watch all of Blind Justice (1/13), Eyes (1/12), My So-Called Life (4/20), and Haunted (1/13)

I searched long and hard, for years in fact, for my copies of all of these one-season TV shows, and since I've gotten them I've been lacklustre at best in actually watching them. So, in this 1001 days, I'm going to finally complete each season. Now, Haunted may be difficult, as I have not yet acquired the series finale, but I plan to keep searching in order to find it.

38. Read all volumes of Neil Gaiman's 'Sandman' series (1/10)
39. Finish 'Colour' by Victoria Finlay

40. Finish 'By the Sword' by Richard Cohen
41. Read entire Ender series by Orson Scott Card (3/4-5), Shadow saga (1/4-5)


All of these have had bookmarks in them for years now (in most cases), so I want to suck it up and finish them off, once and for all.

45. Read at least 3 biographies (/3).

The first of these is in progress, as I'm just digging into Mao by Jung Chang and Jon Holiday. An excellent read, much like Chung's 'Wild Swans'.

46. Finish reading 2 Jared Diamond books (/2)

I have been stuck in the middle of both 'Collapse' and 'Guns, Germs and Steel' for a long time now, and I want to go back and complete both.

49. Watch all seasons of The Wire (/5)

This show, lauded as the best ever created by many, is also on here. I've watched the pilot, and I plan on continuing to watch.

52. Watch Independent Spirit Nominees (Best Film) for 2000-2010 (6/50)

I love indie films, even though I rarely watch movies. Following Triplux's movie lists, I realised this was the only one I had a real interest in trying. With 5 nominees a year, the list is long, but luckily I've seen some of the nominees.

2001: Memento, Waking Life
2005: Brokeback Mountain
2006: Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth
2007: Juno

66. Reach 200 posts on The Bringer of Song (54/200)

I've already posted 54 times on my music blog, The Bringer of Song, so I plan on continuing the trend.

81. Finish 'Okami'

Again, an unfinished project, this time my favourite game of all time. I'll either complete my PS2 version, or wait and whip through it on the Wii port.

No comments: